Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I hope all of you have made the requisite room for massive quantities of food tomorrow. I have. 🙂 In advance of the food coma and the hours of football that makes up what I fondly call Thanksgiving, I want to share some of the news from 2014 that I’m thankful for:
- Not everyone is using the tragedy in Missouri to cause even more destruction. In fact, some people are coming together to show the value of community. http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/good-people-uniting-ferguson/
- Progress continues to happen in the realm of climate change, and it comes not from drastic headline grabbing change but from small everyday changes. Kind of like most things, huh? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/24/opinion/good-news-on-energy.html
- Science and technology can add to our lives and this year was no exception. http://www.livescience.com/48932-artificial-pancreas-type-1-diabetes-treatment.html
- As a former smoker who is now one of those annoying hand-waving-in-front-of-their-nose-people, this is great news. http://www.livescience.com/48923-usa-smoking-declines-to-lowest.html
- We’re really out there. Voyager 1 went interstellar in 2013, but it is still going. As I type this in 2014, Voyager is really stretching the reach of mankind. http://discovermagazine.com/2014/jan-feb/06-voyager-1-goes-interstellar
I can fill up pages and pages of good news from 2014. Ultimately, that’s what I’m grateful for. With all of the negative news, it’s truly important to remember how much good is really out there. Happy Thanksgiving!
My husband smokes still…he quit briefly, but now he’s started up again. 😦 I wish they’d just outlaw it.
My husband recently quit with the use of one of those vapor cigarettes. Long-term there are questions about their use, but in the short-term, it helped him. Good luck getting your hubbie to quit.
Thank you for the news–sometimes I’m so unaware of things in my little writing hole. Happy belated Thanksgiving.
You’re not alone. I feel like I lose touch with some of what’s going on at times, and purposefully touch base with several news sites online just to keep touch with the world. Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. I hope yours was fabulous!
I’m kind of stunned about the energy news. The doomsayers got me believing them years ago. I’m also stunned little Voyager is so far away. Thanks for the news, definitely things to be grateful for. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! 😀
The negative headlines grab attention, but there’s so much positive work taking place. Voyager is cool, isn’t it? I’m a bid old science dork. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Lex!